CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:
Start of submissions: 2nd of May 2022
Deadline for submissions: September 30th 2022
Start of registrations: August 1st 2022
The Scientific Organizing Committee of the 4th Scientific Motor Skills Acquisition Conference invites scholars, practitioners, and students around the world to submit abstracts that explore the conference's core areas of (1) Skill acquisition in athlete pathways from childhood to elite performance (2) Designing optimal environments for learning motor skills) (3) Perception, decision making and action in ecological dynamics. We welcome abstracts on research as well as best practices concerned with these main areas and themes, but we also encourage contributions from a wide range of topics related to skill acquisition. Early career researchers are invited to submit abstracts as well.
Please notice that the deadline for submissions has been continued till the 30th of September.
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstracts must be written in English within the scope of the themes. Abstracts are submitted via online platform. You need to provide the following details:
• Contributor names and affiliations
• Preference for a poster or oral presentation type
• A 250-word abstract
• A maximum of 3 themes that might best suit the submitted paper
If you submit a scientific abstract, please follow this structure:
• Background and relevance of the study
• A brief description of the methods used
• A summary of the results obtained
• A discussion / conclusion
• Potential practical implications
In case you submit a best practice abstract, please structure your text as shown below.
Best practice papers highlight and present good practices, new solutions and answers to various themes or questions.
• The context and relevance of the case or project
• Purpose and target group of the case
• A brief description of the case
• Discussion and learning points
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision on the presentation type (oral at a parallel session or poster exhibition) and aligned theme. There will be no opportunity to present remotely/virtually at parallel and poster sessions. The receipt of your abstract submission will be confirmed by e-mail. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.